The Drama League Studio Lab
The Stewart F. Lane and Bonnie Comley Studio Lab is a private creative space open for rehearsals, classes, readings, workshops, private events, and more. Conveniently located inside The Drama League Theater Center in Tribeca, less than two blocks from seven major subway lines, the Studio Lab offers unparalleled quiet and privacy for your creative imagination. We feature plentiful amenities including modern HEPA air filtration, a complimentary kitchen, and furniture and equipment to customize your experience. Current date availability and reservation bookings can be accessed in the Reserve Now Calendar below.
General – $35, Nonprofit – $30, Member/Alumni – $15
Weekday All-Day Rental (8 hours):
General – $250, Nonprofit – $225, Member/Alumni – $110
Week Booking (5 days):
General – $1100, Nonprofit – $1000, Member/Alumni – N/A
General – $55, Nonprofit – $45, Member/Alumni – $35
Your total rental fee will be relayed to you via email within 72 hours of reservation booking. Please speak to the Studio Lab Manager (email@example.com) if you have questions before booking. Rental rates are subject to change.
The Drama League Studio Lab has complimentary amenities including:
- 18’x34′ Studio Lab Space with Hardwood Floors
- 10’x8′ Studio Lab Kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, filtered water)
- Moveable 6″ raised platforms (4)
- Rehearsal cubes (4)
- Electric piano
- Music stands (6)
- Chairs (10 in space,; up to 30 can be rented for additional fee for readings)
- 6′ tables (2 in space; up to 8 can be rented for additional fee)
- Red Curtain (Moveable Pipe-and-Drape)
- HEPA Air Filters (2, required to be on during rental usage)
- Health and Safety supplies (masks, hand sanitizer, wipes)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Studio Lab Manager
To Reserve Space:
1) Request your dates/times through the Stewart F. Lane and Bonnie Comley Studio Lab Calendly above. This will put a temporary hold on your requested hours.
2) The Drama League’s Studio Lab Manager will contact you to confirm/complete the reservation within 72 hours of the Rental Request. Your rental is NOT CONFIRMED until completion of the process with the Studio Lab Manager.
3) All renters must read and sign the Stewart F. Lane and Bonnie Comley Studio Lab Usage Policies. Once the renter signs this documentation, the rental is approved.
4) 100% of the Rental Fee will be due upon confirmation, and must be processed no later than one week prior to the reservation. Once the payment has been processed, dates cannot be altered. There are no refunds on rental reservations.
Due to the multi-artist use of the Studio Lab, your rental dates/times, once confirmed by The Drama League, cannot be altered or rescheduled. Please, therefore, take care before requesting your hours. Refunds are not possible once payment has been made.
Due to COVID-19 social distancing policies, the Studio Lab has a current maximum of 40 occupants, including all participants in your rental: performers, collaborators, staff, attendees, and invited guests.
The Drama League is not accepting rentals for ticketed events at this time. Violation of the occupancy maximum will result in an additional $250 fee.
Health & Safety
The Drama League is a mandatory vaccination space. Any guest within our space must have completed their COVID-19 vaccinations. If you received the Pfizer or Moderna Vaccines, you must have received your two doses. If you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you must have received the one does. At this time we are not requiring boosters, however these polices can change at will.
The Drama League Theater Center is located at 32 Avenue of the Americas, NYC. It is one block from the A/C/E subway lines, and two blocks from the 1/N/R/6 subways lines. Parking is available in a lot across from the building, and there is street parking along Walker and Lispenard Streets.