New Visions / New Voices
Streaming June 1st!
New Vision/New Voices does SHORTS returns for its second annual celebration of short films written and directed by high school students. Five shorts will debut by Joslin Acosta, Samantha O. Cotes, Citlali Hernandez, Caily Herrera, Jamie Lovelle, Tereza Mercado, Kayla Ryan, Ashanti Prudencio, Melanie Quiroz, and Madison Zeng. The shorts will be streamed on The Drama League YouTube channel.
Thank you to EY for their key support for this program.
Expand your ability to…
Comprehend. Question. Articulate.
Applications Are Now Closed
- This program is open to all enrolled high school students across the five boroughs. Students outside of New York City need to email Nilan, Associate Artistic Director at email@example.com before applying.
- Students will need to abide to the New Visions/New Voices 2021-2022 Calendar (Click here)
- Classes will be held: October 27, 2021 – April 27, 2022
All Classes meet on WEDNESDAYS from 4-6pm, All Saturdays in April 2022 are held for rehearsals (times TBA)
- All students applying to the program this cycle must be vaccinated and will be required to show proof of vaccination for all in-person classes and events. Please note that all Drama League Staff and Guest Artists are vaccinated.
- 2nd Annual New Visions/New Voices does…SHORTS will be held on June 1, 2022 at 7pm
To participate, students will have to turn in signed approval from their parent/guardian once offered a spot in the program. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021-2022 course will meet digitally and in-person (at The Drama League). Participation will require a computer, webcam, and the internet. Transportation will be provided to/from The Drama League.
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed. Please check back in Fall 2022 to apply for the next school year.