The Drama League of New York, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in fellowship and residency artist selection, selection of volunteers, employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment for any employee, program recipient, volunteer or job applicant on the bases of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
We are currently seeking applicants for one position:
The Drama League seeks a Grant Writer to serve as a member of the development team and is responsible for facilitating all aspects of the institutional giving program. He/she plays an integral part in helping to achieve contributed income targets in terms of corporate, foundation and government support. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is responsible for a grants portfolio of current corporate, foundation, and government funders. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proactive, and a persuasive writer; enjoys relationship management; great computer skills; and demonstrates success managing high-level projects in a deadline-driven environment. This position will work closely with the Director of Development, as well as help over-see the development intern, as needed.
• Manage a grants portfolio of current corporate, foundation and government donors
• Ensure that all proposals and reports are submitted in advance of deadlines
• Actively research and develop new funder opportunities
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure implementation of institutional language
• Draft general correspondence, including acknowledgements and invitations
• Support development department activities, including special events
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years of grant writing experience
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to help set, track, and meet annual fundraising goals
• Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
• Occasional evening and weekend performances and activities
Application Instructions: This is a full-time, competitively salaried position with medical benefits. Start date August 22. The Drama League is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Salary requirements must be listed in order for your application to be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Drama League depends on dozens of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to assist with special performances, office tasks, theater outings, and event management. These volunteers are part of the “Backstage Crew,” a dedicated support and social group.
The Drama League Backstage Crew is a select group of individuals who assist on everything from the Musical Celebration of Broadway to The Drama League Awards, as well as at Drama League DirectorFest and dozens of other industry events. Backstage Crew members receive advance notice, industry perks, private get-togethers, and an opportunity to network with other theatre professionals and advocates.
To become a part of the Backstage Crew, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.